Import External Images From A URL
You only add a few new attributes, enable our extension, and import your new Magento product feed containing URL links to your images. Detailed instructions and a sample product feed is included in download.
- Updated Curl function to handle secure urls.
- Made improvements to URL handling.
- Added Admin configuration option to change path to ImageMagick ‘convert’ executable. Default value is ‘convert’. (Some users may need to set to ‘/usr/bin/convert’ .
- ** NEW ** Ver 2.0
- Added new ‘external_gallery’ field. Simply populate this field with all of your gallery URLs separated by commas.
- Resized images are now cached locally on-the-fly using the CURL library. We had to start doing this b/c of how image resizing works in most 3rd party templates and extensions. Images that aren’t resized aren’t cached. During loading, each image has it’s timestamp checked and is re-cached if it’s timestamp is different, allowing for images to be updated on-the-fly without need to reimport if your supplier changes images for a product.(As long as the image name doesn’t change)
Great product, amazing support
At first I had some troubles importing the images. The issue was caused by a server minsconfiguration but the staff supported me for a whole week and made any effort to help me solve an issue not related to their software (even my host refused to help me!!!).
At the end everything is perfectly working! Thank you Geeks, this is the best expense I've ever made.
A Great Product !
A great product that easily solves something Magento should offer as standard. When I had trouble installing it (due to my PHP settings and nothing to do with the product), the support was excellent and they had it fixed for me in no time. Would highly recommend the product for affiliate sites and the service is second to none.
Fastest support and great extension!
Great support even for third-party extensions
I had problems to run external images with three of my third-party extension (for example a product-scroller). Jackie`s support was so great that now all my extensions are showing external images without any problems. Thank you very much for supporting me!
Really useful extension & great support
Anyone considering this extension are making a good choice. This is a great little extension that does exactly what it says it will. We used it in a 1.6 store and it's performed really well.
In addition the support we received from Jackie was first class. In all I thoroughly recommend both.