Import External Images From A URL
Enable our extension and import your new Magento product feed containing URL links to your images. Detailed instructions and a sample product feed is included in download.
- Image retrieval now processed by fsockopen for faster page load.
- Fixed bug for images not retrieving in Magento admin when using SSL.
- Improved image helper. Images for product with duplicate urls are only retrieved once.7/07/2014 - v 3.6.0
- Improved page load times. CURL image retrieval is now processed in background.
- Added base image to gallery.
- Improved error handling.
- Fixed System->Config settings in system.xml so our extension doesn't always show first.6/12/2014 - v3.5.5
- Compatible up to 220.127.116.11.
- Fixed bug for products with very long names.
- Fixed bug for gallery images.
- Fixed bug for 'Only variables should be passed by reference' error in system log.11/12/2013
- New Ver 3.5! Added support for external category images.10/05/2013
- Now compatible with Magento 1.8.
- Fixed issue with image naming standards.
- Fixed issue with base image path not working.
- cURL now set to use IPV4 as default b/c of slowness issues.
- Added cURL timeout admin settings.9/06/2013
- Improved image file name handling for products with special characters in name.
*** Updated to Ver 3.0 ***
- Made some changes to make extension much more compatible with 3rd party templates, extensions, etc.
1. Integrated remote images into Magento image location. (/media/catalog/product/)
2. All image manipulation is done with Magento's built-in GD functionality. There is no
longer a need for ImageMagik. Watermarks, backgrounds, etc. now work correctly.
- Changed file naming methods to account for different types of URLs and duplicate image names.
- Improved cURL error handling and redirects.
1. cURL errors are now recorded in Magento system log.
2. New admin option allows user to set cURL connect timeout.
- Now able to use compilation mode.
Submit your review
We are very pleased with this extension overall this product is making our job and updates a lot smoother and easier. There was a small hiccup at first but had great help from Jackie. Her quick response , customer service and assistance to the matter was amazing
I highly recommend this extention to anyone with 2000+ products that constantly update.
Thank you so very much, I'm happy with your service and excellent customer support. I was confused at first and you provided me with answers to my questions. In addition to installing it for me. I highly recommend this extention to anyone looking for a great way to add static urls. It works.
At first I had some troubles importing the images. The issue was caused by a server minsconfiguration but the staff supported me for a whole week and made any effort to help me solve an issue not related to their software (even my host refused to help me!!!).
At the end everything is perfectly working! Thank you Geeks, this is the best expense I've ever made.
A great product that easily solves something Magento should offer as standard. When I had trouble installing it (due to my PHP settings and nothing to do with the product), the support was excellent and they had it fixed for me in no time. Would highly recommend the product for affiliate sites and the service is second to none.
Fastest support and great extension!
I had problems to run external images with three of my third-party extension (for example a product-scroller). Jackie`s support was so great that now all my extensions are showing external images without any problems. Thank you very much for supporting me!
Anyone considering this extension are making a good choice. This is a great little extension that does exactly what it says it will. We used it in a 1.6 store and it's performed really well.
In addition the support we received from Jackie was first class. In all I thoroughly recommend both.